Different Types of Fuel Efficient Vehicles
Thanks to some clever innovations in the automobile industry, “fuel efficient” no longer simply means “hybrid”. If you’re looking for used cars for sale in Avondale that are practical, stylish, and easy on gas, consider these smart options.
1. Gas Motors – With careful driving, a traditional gas-powered car can get up to 40 highway mpgs. Just keep the following in mind:
- Four-Cylinder vs. V6 – A smaller engine equals better fuel efficiency- it also means less speed and power.
- Standard vs. Automatic – Standards burn less fuel than automatics- many also have lower price tags, so keep stick-shifts in mind when looking to buy new cars online with bad credit.
2. Hybrid – There are two common types:
- Strong Hybrids – These have separate gasoline and electric engines that are controlled to either work together or separately, depending on driving conditions.
- Power Assist Hybrids – Here, the electric motor always operates in conjunction with the gas motor, working as a complementary assistant at all times.
3. Other Options – The technology for fuel efficiency is always expanding, and the choices are becoming broader and more accessible:
- Clean Diesel – Mainly in newer luxury models, clean diesel engines are a popular choice for buyers seeking fuel economy without giving up space and comfort. A clean diesel engine is about 30-35% percent more efficient than a similar-sized gasoline engine.
- Electric Vehicles – These are solely powered by electric motors and rechargeable battery packs. Many can travel 50 to 100 miles on one charge.
Whether you’re looking at fuel-efficient used cars for sale in Avondale or want to buy a new car online with bad credit, Cactus Jack’s has what you need. View our impressive inventory or to find out how to apply for online auto approval or how to buy a new car online with bad credit, Contact Us.