Essential Items To Keep in Your Car
Whether you’re driving around Mesa in a brand new vehicle or you’ve got a ride that’s well-loved, it’s important to have a nice supply of emergency items to keep in your car. You never know when your car may unexpectedly stop working or you need to pull over in the event that something major comes up. There may be circumstances that come up that are beyond your control, leaving you stranded on the side of the road near Surprise.
With that being said, the experts at Cactus Jack's Auto will go over all the essential items to keep in your car so that you’re always prepared. In addition to having emergency items for your car, make sure you keep up with our car maintenance tips so that you can lessen the chances of your vehicle ever leaving you stuck!
What Are Good Emergency Items To Keep in Your Car?
Preparing for a long family road trip? Or, maybe you just use your vehicle to run errands around Glendale? Whatever your plans are for your vehicle, we recommend you always have a nice supply of emergency items for your car. Even if you’re going somewhere remote and you have a capable 4×4 vehicle, you never know when you may need to hunker down and stay put. Let’s take a look at some essential items to keep in your car in case of an emergency:
- Drinkable Water & Non-Perishable Snacks: Distilled water can be used in an emergency if your vehicle overheats and needs more coolant. Simply pour the distilled water into your radiator until the desired level. Again, this is just for emergencies and should be done sparingly. Likewise, filtered water is great for when you’re stranded and need to hydrate. Combine that with non-perishable snacks like need jerky, various nuts, granola bars, and other items that can help provide you with energy when you need it most.
- Flashlight & Batteries: An often overlooked emergency item to keep in your car is a flashlight and backup batteries. You may get a flat tire or need to check under the hood of your vehicle when it becomes dark. Having a high-quality flashlight with some spare batteries is a great way to make sure you have the most visibility.
- First Aid Kit: Whether you or your passengers are injured or you need to help another motorist on the road, having a first aid kit with bandages, alcohol pads, tweezers, and much more will ensure that you’re always ready.
- Map & Compass: Nowadays, many vehicles come equipped with a navigation system and if not, most drives have a smartphone with GPS capabilities. However, sometimes you may be somewhere secluded and you’ll want a map and compass to help you navigate if there’s no GPS signal.
- Multitool & Toolkit: Having the necessary tools to repair or remedy any quick issues could mean the difference between waiting hours for roadside assistance and being on your way to help nearby.
- Blanket & Jackets: Other great emergency items for your car include a blanket. It can help keep you warm or even provide comfort if you need to get underneath your vehicle for a quick inspection. Likewise, keeping a jacket, especially a reflective one, and other weather-proof clothing can keep you warm and comfortable if you need to walk somewhere for help.
- Phone Chargers & Portable Batteries: Your phone can help you locate help and navigate your way. With that being said, making sure it’s always charged with working cables and portable batteries can be a lifesaver when things go wrong.
Get More Automotive Advice at Cactus Jack's Auto!
Some new cars come with a small emergency kit with some items to keep in your car, but if you are looking for cheap used cars in Phoenix, always check used vehicles for an updated emergency kit. Car dealers in Phoenix, such as the friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful staff at Cactus Jack's Auto can help you find the used car you need at an affordable price! We’re a family-owned business that provides customers from Phoenix and beyond with a chance to drive a great pre-owned vehicle, even if their credit needs some work. To learn more about us and how we’re different from our competitors, feel free to stop by at any time!